Our intern assists with all the testing required to complete our required Certificate of Analysis that are sent out to our customers. Our intern will test all products produced on our cast and blown films. The testing is completed within our Quality Assurance lab and our corporate lab. Some examples of the testing done within the QA lab consist of visual inspection, tensile, COF, and Tappi test for gels. The intern will use the corporate lab for testing Elmendorf, Spencer, Secant, heat seal, and several others. The intern will also be introduced to our computer programs to compile data. The intern will work within a team-oriented atmosphere, which includes the Quality Assurance Technician and the Quality Assurance Manager on a daily basis. They will have some customer contact in the form of phone calls and email. They will also learn the calibration process for our lab equipment. When they complete the internship, they will have acquired the skills needed to apply for a future career with Berry Global.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Issue COA for Chippewa Falls plant
- Manage plant laboratory calibration program.
- Works with Production and Technical Departments to ensure trial and sample materials are properly tested, identified, packaged, and delivered.
- Ensures documentation internal and external are accurate and complete.
- Conduct film testing in accordance with product specification
- Enrollment or Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Quality related field
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Self-directed work ethic and ability to collaborate in team setting.
- Positive attitude, motivated, and strong communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Safety orientated with a continuous improvement mindset
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Chippewa Falls, WI