Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" over 40 times since 2002\u2026
What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the passion for being part of a creative, forward thinking organization estimating some of the highest profile, diverse projects in the industry, while utilizing the most efficient and up to date technology?
Mortensons diverse portfolio of work and career paths will offer you opportunities to expand your expertise in the construction industry. At Mortenson you can be part of a team where people are our greatest asset.
Have you been recognized as someone with a positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills? Do you love working in a team environment? Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator II. As an Estimator youwill be responsible for capturing, calculating, and compiling data in order to produce project estimates. For smaller projects, you will also prepare the full estimate.
What will you be doing?
Your organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Build Project Estimates
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials
- Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Prepare, organize, and coordinate Request for Proposal documents
- Prepare, and coordinate schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other scheduled items
- Resolve all pricing options and target the appropriate price for the project
- Provide assistance to data input into estimating software program(s)
- Capture historical cost data and perform archive filing
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Gather information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Assist in leading addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new estimators and engineers as they join the team
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and obtain necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- Identify areas for training with estimators and interns
How do you succeed?
- Minimum three years construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations
- Current drivers license
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Estimating, Civil or Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN