Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" over 40 times since 2002\u2026
\u2026What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have a real passion for being part of a creative, forward thinking organization estimating some of the highest profile, diverse projects in the industry, while utilizing the most efficient and up to date technology?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Estimator to provide leadership, coordination, and final preparation of full estimates on large and complex work projects. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Your organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are essential in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Craft project estimates
- Complete quantity take-offs and summations of materials proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Solicit trade partners and obtain their bid estimates, and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other items where schedule is important
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software programs(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
Participate as a project team member
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings and site investigations, as needed
- Assist lead estimator with gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help supervise Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they enter the department
How will you succeed?
- Minimum four years construction operations experience
- Current drivers license
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building and estimating techniques and software: BIM, WIN Est, ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Estimating, Civil or Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN