Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions.
The Mechanical Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a particular area of discipline. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service. This position is with our Solar Group and is an on site field position.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum eight years construction experience with two of those years having supervisory experience
- Current drivers license
- Solar utility experience preferred
- Experience with self-perform large projects
- Proven ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or 10 years trade experience as a mechanical superintendent
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN